Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Headed Home: Southwest Whirlwind Closes



A night of cocktails and Navajos. We stayed in a town called Holbrook on route 66. Dropped into the local and swilled it up a bit.

Got up to the sound of domestic violence in the cheap motel room next door to the one I rented. Oh-well, add to the story in my opinion.

My friend Brad had one last memory to make before I left him curb-side at PHX International. The only state you could catch one in, Arizona, an Apache Trout lay destine in his future.

Arizona Gold, a fish every angler should touch before he lay his final mend. We wrapped up our last cast and headed out, back to Phoenix.

I pulled up to the drop-off section of terminal four and hugged my friend goodbye.

Closings always weigh heavy on my heart. True freinds, for me, seem harder and harder to come by these days. Until next time, Brad. Safe Travels, tight lines, and enjoy the journey.

2 comments:

kolobflyfishing said...

Love the blog, look at it everyday. I live in southern utah. Any chance you'd fill me in on where in Arizona this fish was? I was just at lees ferry friday, and all they have is rainbow gold. no browns.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking fish. Arizona Gold you say? I need to get to mining.